Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some Poems:

Poetry isn't really my forte, but I still do it once in a while.

The Drunk

Look-
there he goes
stumbling out
of his trailer
full of
speed,
booze,
trash,
greasy McDonald's hamburger wrappers,
vomiting
on his
american flag t-shirt.

Tryouts

I went to the soccer field
and unfolded my lawn chair
to watch the tryouts
for the team.

And after the tryouts
I watched a little boy
cry
because
he didn't make it.

Pencil Sharpener

My pencil sharpener
is clogged
full of
shavings
of old pencils
My pencil is blunt
how can I write
when the pencil sharpener
is broken?

Stain

It was a hot day
and I was having a drink
then I stumbled:
dropped the cup,
and spilled the drink
all over the new carpet
I scrubbed
and scrubbed
but it wouldn't come out
some things
are forever.

Apple

I was told that eating fruits is good for you,
so I ate an apple
when I finished
I forgot to throw it away
and it sat there
on my kitchen counter
and rotted.

Wet Cigarette

a long line of people
stand outside of a Theatre
in New York
chatting
laughing
and they enjoy themselves

and it starts
to rain
and while the rain falls
emotion does the same
and the chatting stops
and the laughing stops
and they feel
limp and useless
just like
a wet cigarette.

And I sit in my house
and have a smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment